Data Collector : Maseru, Lesotho
EBS is hiring for a data collector in Maseru. This role will collect edit, process, and coordinate research data in support of a specified research study or group of studies. Under the direction of a Principle Investigator, the Data collector will arrange and conduct field interviews as appropriate to the study, and records research data in accordance with specified protocol and procedures. The Data Collector will travels to various sites within a specified geographical area, as appropriate to the objectives of the study.
This project anticipates approximately 12 days of data collection.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Travels to field sites to collect and record data and/or samples as directed by the Principal Investigator.
2. Enters data into a computer database as provided by the Principal Investigator.
3. Develops or assists in the development of interview schedules; contacts potential subjects to introduce and explain study objectives and protocol, and to arrange interviews, either in person or by telephone.
4. Conducts and records face-to-face and/or telephone interviews with subjects, in accordance with predetermined interview protocol, data collection procedures, and documentation standards.
5. Reviews and edits data to ensure completeness and accuracy of information; follows up with subjects to resolve problems or clarify data collected.
6. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
7. Submit weekly status reports via online system.
Minimum Job Requirements
- High school diploma or GED; at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- University degree in a subject matter related to Public Health or Research.
- At least 1 year experience conducting data collection, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Provable relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a university degree.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
- Ability to operate a tablet and complete online forms.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Skill in identifying and recruiting research subjects.
- Interviewing and data collection skills.